Exclusively for y’all Glam Crushers, I share Sally Hansen‘s best tips, to achieve a perfect at-home salon manicure, following these three steps:
- Shape your nails neatly with our fine-grade beauty tools.
- Treat your nails to an expert solution from Sally Hansen.
- Choose from an extensive range of trend-setting shades to make your color statement
Nails should be shaped once a week to support healthy and nice-looking nail growth. Sally Hansen offers the finest in beauty tools to help you achieve salon-quality results safely.
- Trim nails:
- Soak fingertips in warm water to soften nails before trimming. This will achieve the exact nail shape you are looking for.
- For thin or weak nails, use the nail scissors with a curve that follows the natural nail contour.
- For thick or strong nails, prefer the nail clip catcher with one-cut technology.
- Groom Cuticles:
Grooming cuticles neatly makes manicure look more perfect!
My golden rule for healthy cuticles: only remove what is torn, cracked and loose. Never groom what is attached and intact.
- Smooth Nails:
- Buffing nails before applying polish helps provide a smoother nail finish and helps resist chipping!
- Use your buffer from the cuticle to the free edge, which is the direction of nail growth. This way, you respect the nature of the nail.
- Seven Steps Buffer:
- Shaping mails prevents them from peeling and gives them a well-finished look!
- Sawing back and forth with a rough file can fray nails, making them more prone to shredding. Instead, file in one direction with a gentle, side-to-corner sweeping motion.
Nourishing Cuticle Treatments:
Obtaining healthy, non-overgrown cuticles is all about nutrition! Moisturizing your cuticles daily will soften dry skin around the nail plate and increase nail flexibility. In addition, pampering and massaging softly will help improve circulation and stimulate healthy new nail growth.
- For Healthy Cuticles
Pamper them with a variety of care choices
- For Dry & Rough Cuticles
Nourish them with a rich emollient massage oil
- For Overgrown Cuticles
Gently remove them with a cuticle remover
Strengthening & Growth Treatments:
The nail plate actually contains up to 25% water! Since it is a very porous surface, water passes through it easier than through skin. Using a strengthening & growth treatment is the best way to properly moisturize your nails and keep them from becoming dry, weak or short.
- For Soft, Weak Nails that Chip and Bend easily
Strengthen them with a nail-hardening protective coat.
- For Short Nails that just won’t grow
Condition them with a nutritional coat to promote healthy nail growth.
- For Peeling, Dry, Brittle Nails that split and break easily
Moisturize and strengthen them with a sealing coat to instantly stop peeling and fill in cracks. (Will send you relevant products details shortly)
Beautifying base & top coats:
Base & top coats are nail colors best friend! Use a base coat as an anchor to fasten nail color and extend wear. Use a top coat as a shield and protector of nail color. Apply every three days to reinforce the seal. That’s THE secret for a long-lasting manicure!
How to color nails like a professional manicurist? First, wipe any excess polish from the brush onto the inner rim of the bottle. Then hold the brush midcap, not at the top: you’ll have more control. Now paint a stripe down the center of your nail, followed by one on either side. Finish with a thin strip across the very tip.
- Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear for healthy nails with an exclusive Micro-Shine complex for a nail-hardening manicure.
Xtreme shine & wear will last you up to 7 days! Here is to a salon worthy manicure
Don’t forget to check out Sally Hansen Facebook page here.
Oh and here are a few SH products I, myself picked up from Carrefour at Mall of the Emirates! Love the pastel & bold Summer shades!!