And no, we’re not talking about the Cannes Festival here!
We’re talking about one of the most awaited Awards ceremonies in Dubai where we will be celebrating one of my favorite things on earth. BEAUTY PRODUCTS!
You’ve guessed it right, we’re talking VIVA Beauty Awards 2013!
And oh boy, I CANNOT WAIT to find out who the winners will be in each categories.
I was asked to cast my vote and so here are MY selections:
- Best Perfume – White Musk, The Body Shop
- Best Mascara – The Colossal Volum’ Express Maybelline
- Best Nail Polish – Bourjois So Laque (see my post on these beautiful babies here!)
- Best Hair Salon – I pulled my joker card for this one as sadly, I’ve never tried any of the 4 nominees
- Best Anti-Ageing Product – Guerlain Orchidee Imperiale
- Best Hair Product – Kerastase Elixir Ultime
- Best Face Moisturiser – Dermalogica (AGESmart) Dynamic Skin Recovery SPF30 (all the way! See my post on Dermalogica products here.)
- Best Lipstick – Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Couture Venis a Levres
- Best Body Product – Mama Mio Boob Tube and Neck Fermer
I was also asked to share my very own glam beauty secrets, including the products I tend to splurge on (there’s quite a few I must admit) and the ones I save on.
So, there a few (actually more than just a few) things where I would go for high-end/luxury brands. One of them is perfume. I will never ever buy something that’s not got a renowned French or Italian name on it! I always have 2 or 3 perfumes going at the same time. I wear different ones on different occasions OR, and this is something I have discovered here in the Middle East, I would ‘layer’ them, from the lightest to the strongest fragrance. My current favorites: Chanel Coco Noir, Miss Dior Cherie, The One Dolce & Gabanna. Remember than when it comes to perfumes, the more concentrated the essences & oils, the more expensive the bottle….
Other than that, anything that goes on my skin, be it skin care products or make-up, I also tend to slurge on. As you well know, I am a die-hard Dermalogica fan! Make-up, I wear a lot of Benefit stuff, MAC or Chanel. Oh and eye cream is another one! I use Clinique All About Eyes but will be switching to Creme de la Mer (I look at it as a long-term investment!). I’d like to give a special mention to the best Eyeliner I’ve ever used is the Fork Liner from Bassam Fattouh. See my review here.
So, what do I save on? Well, shower gels, body scrubs & moisturizers where I would definitively choose the drugstore products (Dove shower gels & body lotions are fab!). Shampoos & conditioners too. I use L’Oreal however, would make sure to invest in a good hair mask (currently crushing on Kerastase Masque Elixir Ultime) and styling products (again Kerastase Elixir & Initialist Scalp Serum).
Voting for the VIVA Awards 2013 is now closed but the winners will be revealed on Ahlan!Live website on 23rd May so watch this space!!
I’ll be sure to share the results on my blog.