How’s everyone on this beautiful weekend?! Not only the weather is absolutely amazing but it’s Fashion Forward weekend! What more do you want?!!
I thought I’d take a quick ‘Blog break’ and post my past week’s Instagram top snaps:
1. I was invited by RIRA Gallery in DIFC who partnered up with Mercedes Benz to test drive one of their newest cars. I chose the SL500 which is a fierce little convertible coupe and boy it roars!! I went around the DIFC block twice and felt like i was on top of the world! Short lived but hey, it was amazing!! I still love my G-wheels though… bless my little Golf 😉
2. Just earlier today I attended one of the Fashion Forward talks on ‘The Shoe Business’ and it was super interesting to see how the Director and Head Buyer at Level Shoe District select and match international designers together with local emerging ones to create a unique concept which is the only one in the world!
3. Another favourite beauty brand of mine launched 2 new products this week! Neutrogena introduced their new Visibly Clear Pore & Shine daily wash and daily scrub to a room full of beautistas and I cannot wait to give them both a test run. Review on the blog soon.
4 & 6. And again, another brand I absolutely adore formally launched in the region! French skincare brand Caudalie hosted a bloggers event at the Conrad Hotel and showcased some of their cult and latest products. I am currently using these and will be reporting back to you next week with my feedback so stay tuned! Had a blast at the even though with fellow beauty bloggers Jam the Glam and Bonnie Garner aka ‘The Trouble Threesome’!
My #OOTD was a tale of 2 high streets brands! Kimono blouse, top, shoes and bag were from New Look. Trouvers was from Promod!
5. My weekend manicure kit! I went for a gorgeous shade of turquoise/green from Barry M Gel polish range which is so summery and just puts a smile on your face when you look at it! A happy colour!
Voila, a little peek at the week that was.
Back to those fashion show now…
It’s that time again! The round-up of the week that was!
1. Did you watch my last video? I did the TMI (Too Much Information) Tag and it’s a blast so check it out here. Do subscribe to my Channel whilst you’re it, that would mean the world to me 😉
2. I thought I’d share a list of my favourite blogs! Like most bloggers, I am kind of obsessed with reading blogs and do so every single day! Now I do have a list of about 35 blogs I check out but did managed to narrow it down to my absolutely favourites and hope to have given you guys some new material to add to your feed! If you aren’t using the Bloglovin’ site then get on there NOW! It’s so much easier to get all of the new posts from your selected blogs in one go! (Following me on there is also an option…. no pressure or anything!)
3. The last GlamBox event was held at a lovely restaurant called St Tropez Bistro at Mall of the Emirates, and we were all given a little discount voucher to try out their menu and so I did, with the Man, on thursday night! OMG! I’m not saying this because I’m French but the food was simply DELICIOUS!! I tried the Goat’s Cheese & Butternut Tart, followed by the Chocolate & Hazelnut Tart (that’s was a bit of a ‘tarty’ meal wasn’t it?!) … (oh God, that sounds wrong! LOL)… anyway, back to my original point which was to tell you that you must check this place out ASAP!!
4. And guess what dropped over the weekend?! The April GlamBox!! Yay! And boy oh boy… this one certainly did not disappoint! I’ll post a full review of it on the blog soon but I can tell you it includes some Caudalie goodie, some make-up by Inglot and more… stay tuned!
I’m so excited to start this coming week as I’ll be attending a couple of beauty events which I can’t wait to tell you all about! PLUS, next weekend sees the start of Fashion Forward which is a 3-day Fashion packed event which is super super exciting!
Have a great week ahead you guys!
Hey you guys! Hope you’ve all enjoyed the weekend! I managed to get some well needed and deserved rest as well as writing up a few blog posts!
Last week was a good’un! A couple of events, a couple of new skincare products to try out and a new nail shade! A good’un indeed!
1. As some of you may have seen on my Instagram feed, I attended the SS14 Splash Fashion Show and it was DOPE! What’s best it that I actually got a VIP pass and literally sat front-row!! Even managed to drag Mr M along and he too had a good time!
2. I popped into my local Body Shop the other in search for something to try (yeah I do that sometimes!). I picked two of their products marked ‘Cult Products’ or ‘Blogger Choice’ include the Vitamin C Skin Booster said to give you that radiant glow and works as a primer and the Tea Tree Oil which is meant to be amazing at clearing breakouts.. Will let you know how I get on with those…
3. On a recent trip to Boots, I picked up this super cute springy blue shade (842 too cool to tango) from Rimmel London AND this new instant nail enamel oil dryer from Bourjois Paris. I tried both and it actually did the trick although the oil can get a bit messy and so would keep this for evening application when I don’t have to use my hands!
4. Finally, I was invited to check out River Island‘s new store and new collection at The Dubai Mall where I met Marketing Manager Pamela and her team! Loved the new stuff and will for sure be back for a little fashion haul!
This week has a few cool things in store including a video tag, product reviews and much more so be sure to check back in over the next few days!
I know, I know, I’m a day late! Sorry! But really, with the week I’ve just had, I literally could NOT bring myself to look at my laptop screen yesterday! Just needed a little ‘tech-break’….
But I am back and ready to blog so here is a look at what I have been up to in the past few days 😉
1. Remember I told you I’d ordered the famous Real Techniques make-up brushes from Feelunique.com?! Well, I’ve used them for a couple of weeks now and will definitely write up a full review on these very soon. I also followed the instructions and made sure to clean the once a week using baby shampoo and letting them to dry upside down, using the little stand case they came in with! Genius!
2. This is going to sound a bit crazy but I’ve ordered a whole new set of skincare products, on Beauty bay.com to be shipped to my house in France (free international shipping!!) so that I can try them out during my Summer vacay… which, by the way, isn’t until August!! I know, it’s mad BUT some of these products you can’t ship in the UAE and whilst ordering those I just thought I might as well plan ahead (well ahead!)! I’ll let you know what these are nearer the time…
3 & 5. One of my favourite fashion brands launched their Spring/Summer 14 collection with a bang last week! I was invited to attend the Marks & Spencer SS14 Collection catwalk show at their flagship store in Dubai Festival City and I absolutely LOVED the new pieces!! It was also really lovely to bump into my lovely blogger friends! I’ve not done an outfit post in a while so will for sure do one very very soon :)! You can check out my last M&S Valentine’s Look post here.
4. Another one of my top fashion brands who showcased their new collection is New Look. I don’t need to tell you how much I love New Look (again)… a quick look at my wardrobe and you’d understand… I will share a blog post in the next couple of days…
Right, that’s about it really! I’ll be posting a few exciting posts this week including a little ‘Haul’ post, New Look & Reiss SS14 collections preview, Marks & Spencers new collection and much more so stay tuned!!
Happy Friday to you all!
I am so relieved it is finally the weekend… gosh last week was one hell of a week between a work trip to Jeddah, another early (super early) one to Abu Dhabi and a couple of fashion events, I really needed the rest!!
1. As I mentioned last week, I went to Saudi Arabia for work on Sunday and Monday. This was my very first time in the Kingdom and I have to say it was definitively an experience! Obviously had to change and wear an abaya during our stay which was actually really cool! I love the fact that they are so flattering and comfortable! Sadly we did not get any time to go shopping or anything so next time maybe
2. My competition to win a Charlotte Reid bag is still on until midnight tonight! If you have not entered, please head over to the blog RIGHT NOW!
3. I received my SpaceNK order and I cannot wait to try these babies! I pierced the Aurelia Miracle Cleanser, the Nars ‘Narsissit’ Blush Palette and the Oribe Cote d’Azur Hair Refresher. Will be of course blogging about these soon.
4. I attended the press launch of exquisite jewellery brand Babette Wasserman who is know for her (very cool!) cufflinks. Babette also has a fabulous collection of ladies’ jewellery and I cannot way tot check out her pop-up shot at Emirates Towers! Full blog post, coming soon on this too
5. The Spring/Summer 14 Collection at Lipsy is looking pretty cool too!! I attended the press preview and really liked some of the pieces, I event made a mental note to purchase one of the faux-leather pencil skirts from the Kim Kardashian Collection!! I really liked their accessories too and cannot wait for these to hit our stores…
Wishing you all a great weekend & week ahead!