Us beauty/make-up/fashion bloggers live to try out different things be it skincare products, outfit styles but also make up looks! That’s just want we thrive on. However there are times when ‘experimenting’ with something new is just out of question. This could be an important work meeting/event, a night out with your bestie, a date etc… and on these occasions you wanna make sure you look your absolute BEST!
Well, I, too have my ‘perfect face kit’ and that’s the one I bring on when I need to be 100% confident that I look good.
So what’s in the kit? Let’s dive in:
– To make sure my foundation stays put all day/night, I use the Smashbox Photo Finish Oil Free Primer
– I find the Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet gives me the best coverage yet looks so natural. I love love love it! Applied with my Inglot Pro Blending Sponge, it’s quick, easy and fool-proof
– To conver/brighten the under eye area, I like to apply a little Maybelline FitME Concealer
– I did prep my eyelids to make sure my shadow stays on and here I’ve used a sample of the Urban Decay Long-lasting Eyeshadow Primer and it is fab!
– Onto brows: Of course, it has got to be the Mac Eye Brows Pencil in ‘Spike’. This one I only use in the evening and I find it isn’t ‘natural-looking’ enough for daytime.
– On the eyes, I made up a quick smoky-look using my beloved Urban Decay Naked 2 palette: 1. Foxy all over the lid to prep and unify the base shade 2. YDK on the mobile part of the lid 3. Busted in the crease to give the eye definition and 4. Half Baked in the inner tear duck to brighten everything up
– Lashes were of course curled with my MAC Full Lash Curler and I applied 2 x coats of the Sephora Outrageous Volume mascara in black. I also like to apply a tiny bit of the Dior Addict It-Lash mascara in 872 (the flashy pink one!) at the end of the lashes to give the whole look a little ‘funky’ twist and add a touch of fun!
– I contoured my face (slightly!) with the Urban Decay Naked Flushed palette. I especially love the blush
– Since I went for a bit of a dramatic eye look, I kept the lips natural and just carried my clear Labello Hydra Care balm.
And voila! The ‘perfect’ face kit, Carine’s way! The whole thing took me about 20 mins so not too bad!!
What are your fail-proof make-up items?!