I know, I’m a week behind on my #InstaCrushes. Life happens hey!
I’m here now so let’s catch up on what I have been up to lately! And in case you’re not following me on Instagram cos if you are you would have already seen these!
1 .The main event, week before last, was of course the much awaited Viva Beauty Awards!! I was invited to the ‘bloggers’ table and had an absolute blast with the girls! Giggling like cray cray in-between 2 tweets, winning the night’s ‘Who wants to be a beauty expert’ game and just catching up with all of my beauty friends!!
2. I got a new toy!! Well, I got ‘lent’ a new toy. This is the new Canon Legria Mini X which I’m trying out in the next couple of weeks. It is meant to be the perfect vlogger/blogger/journo ‘s accessory and let’s you record super high quality footage when you’re out & about! I’m actually going to be vlogging my trip to Qatar so be sure to check out my YouTube Channel later on this week.
3. Been keeping it simply make-up wise lately. Only because the weather is starting to get really hot and steamy plus we’re nearing Ramadan so gotta easy into the ‘bare face’ look nicely ;). I’ve been loving my Benefit They’re Real Mascara and my Nars ‘Coeur Battant’ blush. The colour is quite bold but if you apply a tiny tiny bit with a big fluffy blush brush it gives the most gorgeous flushed look ever! For eyes, again, simple! Eye crayons are perfect! This one from Barry M was a total bargain and stays put all day long.
4. What did I wear for the Viva Beauty Awards?! I almost forgot! Well, I kind of recycled my River Island dress which I love and paired it with my lime green San Marina heels, Reiss clutch and a Primark faux pearl necklace. Arm swag by Bimbo & Lola and C. Wonder. I love the contrast between the pink of the dress and the colour of the shoes… you just gotta experiment a little!
5. Here’s a peek at the prize we won on the night! Each table competed against each other answering a series of beauty-related questions and table 14 won!! Of course! A table of 10 beautistas! The prize included a special edition GlamBox, a Philips hair straighteners, some Nike work out gear etc… fab!
6. Talking of GlamBox, I’ve posted a review of the May one if you’ve not checked it yet, click here!